Jars from candles in our jar exchange program can be returned to us to be repoured and reused again and again. Return your spent candles to us for a 15% discount off of your next candle purchase.
Soy Wax Candles by Mackenzie Wicks and Waxes (Edmonton-made)
- 100% soy wax, made from soybeans grown in USA. The wax is certified GMO free, not tested on animals, and suitable for vegans
- Scented with high quality fragrance oils that are paraben and phthalate free, which means they are safer for the environment, as well as yourself!
- Made in small batches, ensuring an even scent distribution throughout the whole burn time
- 100% pure braided cotton wicks, containing no metal core.
- The candle containers are recycled, reused, or re-purposed from different uses.
For best results, and to increase the longevity of your candle, here are some tips you can follow!
- Soy wax has a “burn memory”, so if you do not let it melt fully to all the edges on the very FIRST burn, it most likely will not on any future burns. Please allow 4-5 hours on the very first burn to allow a full melt pool to form!
- Don’t trim the wick too short, or else your candle will be at risk of not burning properly, and it can extinguish itself. Keep it between 1/4” to 1/2”.
- After extinguishing the candle, re-center the wick to encourage a proper burn the next time you light it.
Basic Candle Safety
- Never leave a lit candle unattended. Keep out of reach from children and pets.
- Burn candle on a heat proof surface, and away from any drafts.
- Use caution when handling hot candle jars, don’t move candle while it is lit.
- When candle has 1/4” wax remaining, discontinue use of it. When the jar is that empty, it can get very hot, which can lead to jars cracking or shattering.
- We do NOT recommend using the hot wax on skin as a moisturizer, regardless of it being a natural wax, and what other brands advertise.